What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is a traditional massage using un-perfumed talcum powder as the massage medium. It uses a system of long strokes, kneading and friction movements and works on more superficial layers of the muscle. It also incorporates active and passive movement of the joints.
Talcum powder is good for deep movements into muscles. Oils are effective for relaxing, gliding movements.
Orchid Therapeutics offers Swedish Massage using oils and therapeutic Massage Wax products.
What are the benefits?
- Deep, releasing movements
- Used after relaxing strokes
- Stretches muscles, improves suppleness and elasticity
- Stimulates circulation
- Loosens and disperses tension
- Helps break down adipose tissue (fat tissue)
- Breaks down and aids elimination of waste products – lactic acid and urea
- Aids interchange of tissue fluids
- Releases tension and breaks down adhesion / nodules (scar tissue and lumps just below the skin)
- Warms tissue
- Releases Pain
- Stimulates and clears nerve pathways
- Improves circulation
- Improves lymph drainage (to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart)
- Improves mobility
Where do you massage?
We offer two different Swedish massages which include the back, neck, shoulder, face, head, or the whole body.
Depending on the massage chosen, between 25 – 60 minutes per person.
|25 minutes||Back, Neck, Shoulders, Neck, Face and Head||£25.00|
|60 minutes||Feet, Legs, Stomach, Arms, Hands, Back, Neck, Shoulders, Neck, Face and Head||£40.00|
Materials included: Clean Towels, Warm Cover, Table Cover and Paper protection, Oils and Massage Wax products, Equipment Cleaning materials plus supporting equipment to make your massage more comfortable
** Prices include up to 5 miles from Covingham, Swindon, however for regular bookings, large bookings & events further afield, please contact us to discuss.