What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is a traditional massage using un-perfumed talcum powder as the massage medium. It uses a system of long strokes, kneading and friction movements and works on more superficial layers of the muscle. It also incorporates active and passive movement of the joints.
Talcum powder is good for deep movements into muscles. Oils are effective for relaxing, gliding movements.
Orchid Therapeutics offers Swedish Massage using oils and therapeutic Massage Wax products.
What are the benefits?
- Deep, releasing movements
- Used after relaxing strokes
- Stretches muscles, improves suppleness and elasticity
- Stimulates circulation
- Loosens and disperses tension
- Helps break down adipose tissue (fat tissue)
- Breaks down and aids elimination of waste products – lactic acid and urea
- Aids interchange of tissue fluids
- Releases tension and breaks down adhesion / nodules (scar tissue and lumps just below the skin)
- Warms tissue
- Releases Pain
- Stimulates and clears nerve pathways
- Improves circulation
- Improves lymph drainage (to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart)
- Improves mobility
Where do you massage?
We offer two different Swedish massages which include the back, neck, shoulder, face, head, or the whole body.
Depending on the massage chosen, between 25 – 60 minutes per person.
INDIVIDUALS *30 mins 45mins 60mins
Reflexology £25.00 £40.00 £45.00
Swedish Massage £25.00 £40.00 £45.00
Deep Tissue £25.00 £40.00 £45.00
Advanced Anatomy £30.00 £40.00 £45.00
Reflexology/Massage £30.00 £40.00 £45.00
Lunchtime Seated £25.00
COUPLES & GROUP BOOKINGS
*Reflexology and/or Massage £40.00 p/h
* * * * * * * * * * *
*all 30 minute treatments are offered for a minimum of 2 people
* Couples and Group Bookings minimum 2 hours
Gift Vouchers, Loyalty Reductions and Referral Reductions also available
Home visits are a minimum 45 minutes + mileage outside Swindon. Extra time is needed to set up and pack away.